|Begins:||10/12/2019 at 09:00AM|
|Ends:||10/12/2019 at 12:30PM|
|Venue:||Cambridge Montessori School|
|Address:||129 Sherman St , Cambridge , MA|
Danny Dreyer, ultramarathoner, best- selling author, and ChiWalking® & ChiRunning® founder, will share the keys to easier and enjoyable walking. Assisted by a team of Certified Instructors, Danny will give you the personalized feedback you need to take your walking form and practice to the next level.
Is This Workshop for Me?
Yes! ChiWalking is beneficial for everyone, even those recovering from or managing illness or injury. The ChiWalking principles are covered in the first half of the running workshop. There will be no running during this time, but you will practice plenty of walking exercises & drills.
If you’re inspired to try ChiRunning after experiencing how easy ChiWalking can be, you can choose to join the walk-run group and stay for the afternoon session for an additional $100.
You’ll Learn How To:
• Maximize the power of your core to move forward. Most walking injuries occur from the waist down. When we initiate movement from our core, the body’s largest muscle group, we don’t need to use our legs for propulsion. This greatly reduces impact, pain, and risk of injury. A strong core also improves posture, balance, and stability.
• Unite your Upper Body and Lower Body. The Chi techniques are all about keeping your energy flowing so you can move efficiently. You’ll learn how to optimize your movement to keep the workload balanced between your Upper Body and Lower Body.
• Get the results you want with fitness walking. With good body mechanics and relaxation techniques, you’ll improve your endurance and gain speed while preventing fatigue. You’ll be able to walk farther and faster with less effort so you can make your fitness goals a reality.
• Plenty of Practice. You’ll practice walking drills and exercises designed to help you instill the technique in your body.
Lunch: Bring a lunch and join us for an hour of informal questions & answers.
What You Need To Bring:
• To maximize your learning experience, we recommend reading the ChiWalking book and/or watching the ChiWalking DVD prior to your workshop.
• Please bring your own lunch and water.
• Wear athletic shoes, sunscreen, and weather appropriate clothing.
Once you have registered, ChiLiving® will send you an email receipt. Please provide the email that you most commonly use during your checkout process to ensure that you receive all Workshop emails. Workshop emails begin 4 weeks out from the Workshop and are sent every Friday.
Cancel 14 days before the workshop and you will be refunded your registration payment minus a $35 processing fee, or you can use the registration payment for a future workshop with ChiLiving, Inc. within one year with no penalty.
If you cancel within 14 days of the workshop, you will not receive a refund, but the fee can be credited towards a future workshop purchased with Chi Living, Inc. within one year. If you cancel within two days of the workshop you forfeit your full payment.
The Instructor reserves the right to cancel/reschedule the workshop, in which case you will receive a full refund.