ChiRunning Book & DVD
Begin Your Journey of Pain-free Fitness with our Best-Seller: ChiRunning Book & DVD
Run farther, faster, and easier with less effort
ChiRunning is the injury-free answer for all runners, whether you’re a beginner, a seasoned marathoner, or a triathlete. You can truly love running forever.
“I purchased the book and DVD and it changed my life. Ever since my personal experience with Chi, I have been “spreading” my experience to every person I know!” – Sue J.
This best-seller package is available to purchase with the digital ChiRunning DVD, allowing you to stream and download the .mp4 file directly to your computer, to view on your devices!
Running never felt this good!
Running doesn’t have to be hard… and it doesn’t have to hurt. Whether you’re a seasoned marathoner-in-training or you’re just getting started, ChiRunning will help you run with ease, energy and joy.
ChiRunning embodies the inner focus and natural flow of T’ai Chi to create a ground-breaking technique that takes the pain and injury out of running. And, you don’t need to know a thing about T’ai Chi for ChiRunning to transform your running.
Movement that makes sense
Run with confidence
Save your knees, feel lighter on your feet, and run farther and faster with less recovery time. We’ll show you how to get rid of what slows you down and you’ll run better than ever.
Running is for everyone
Good technique can make your running easier whether you’re young or old. If you’re looking for unparalleled enjoyment in your running, ChiRunning offers you the ultimate “runner’s high”.
ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-free Running
Written by bestselling author, ultra marathoner, and ChiRunning creator, Danny Dreyer
Now considered the “owner’s manual” for great running… here’s some of what this remarkable book contains:
- How ChiRunning promoted midfoot strike and forward lean over 15 years ago… long before it became conventional running wisdom
- 10 easy-to-follow, step-by-step, sequential lessons for how to reduce workload to your legs
- Illustrations to help you understand and visualize the technique
- How to run your best on hills, trails and treadmills
- How to troubleshoot Injuries… with great injury-prevention and recovery tips
The ChiRunning Book has sold over 500,000 copies and has been translated into 12 languages. ChiRunning is now taught in 23 countries around the world by over 200 Certified ChiRunning Instructors.
Introduction: Running Lessons from a T’ai Chi Master
Chapter 1: A Revolution in Running
- Why People Get Injured
- The Chi in ChiRunning
Chapter 2: The Principles of ChiRunning
- Alignment and Relaxation
- The Step-By-Step Approach
- Small is Supported by the Large
- Balance in Motion
Chapter 3: The Four Chi-Skills
- Focusing Your Mind
- Body Sensing: High Speed Access
- Breathing: Tapping into Chi
- Relaxing: Path of Least Resistance
Chapter 4: The Basic Components of Technique
- Gravity Assisted Running
- Lower Body
- Pelvic Rotation
- Upper Body
- Cadence, Gears and Stride Length
Chapter 5: How to Learn ChiRunning
- Ten Lessons to Get You Started
Chapter 6: Program Development: The Training Palette
- Form, Distance then Speed
- Intervals the Chi Way
- LSD Run
- Fun Run
- Hilly Run
- Tempo Run
Chapter 7: Hills, Trails and Treadmills
Chapter 8: Transitioning Into and Out of Running
- The Body Mind Connection
Chapter 9: Troubleshooting: Injury Prevention and Recovery
Chapter 10: Peak Performance
- Race Specific Training
Chapter 11: Getting the Most Chi from Your Food
Chapter 12: Run as You Live, Live as You Run
It’s like having a personal running coach available anytime… anywhere!
- Stream the digital DVD and/or download it directly to your computer to watch on your devices; for a few dollars more, get the digital and physical DVD
- Visually learn how easy it can be to run your best for a lifetime
- Instill the technique in your body through easy-to-follow lessons and drills
- Learn how to use gravity for propulsion
- Lighten your load, engage your core, and get stronger with each run
Running Time: 64 minutes (NTSC Format)