ChiWalking is a truly holistic guide to complete living. Who would guess that the simple act of walking could change your life? Thank you for the clarity.
What is ChiWalking?
ChiWalk Your Way to Health
Reach your fitness, weight, and health goals with ChiWalking
Experience the Benefits of ChiWalking
Whether you are a fitness walker already, want to manage or release weight, are rehabilitating after illness or injury, or want to stay active while you age, ChiWalking will help you reach your personal goals, including looking and feeling better than ever.
- Improve your posture
- Strengthen core muscles
- Relax tight and overused muscles
- Gain cardio and aerobic conditioning
Use our Five Mindful Steps to reinforce the body-mind component inherent in each step
- Get Aligned
- physically with your posture
- mentally with your intentions
- Engage Your Core
- physically with your lower abdominals to create stability
- mentally by using your will power
- Create Balance
- physically between your upper and lower body and between the right and left side of your body
- mentally by creating a balance and holistic fitness program
- Make a Choice
- physically to walk with inner strength and grace
- mentally by making the small positive choices that make a difference in your life
- Move Forward
- physically with consistency and confidence
- mentally with focused spaciousness
Find a Workshop »
Learn directly from Danny or one of our Certified Instructors at a ChiRunning or ChiWalking workshop.
Optimize your learning experience with our hands-on and personalized approach to instruction.
Walk Your Way
The ChiWalking program offers 12 different types of walks to create a balanced and exciting health program. The "menu" of walks includes: a Cardio Walk, an Aerobic Walk, a Flexibility Walk, a Loosening Walk, a Focusing Walk, an Energizing Walk, a Walking Meditation and more.
The walks are presented in the ChiWalking book in a detailed and understandable way, then summarized in an easy to read matrix which shows the key benefits of each walk.
Put Science to Use with ChiWalking
The ChiWalking technique emphasizes the proper biomechanics of walking including: good posture, loose joints, engaging one's core muscles, and relaxing the peripheral muscles of the arms and legs. This approach makes walking easier on the body and helps improve and eliminate the aches, pains and discomfort of walking incorrectly. Since walking is a basic, everyday movement, when your walking form is improved, the benefits are far reaching.
Harness the Power of T’ai Chi
Use centuries’ worth of knowledge to enhance your walking
ChiWalking has within it the deep philosophical and psychological attributes of the centuries-old practice of T'ai Chi, which presents the opportunity for spiritual exploration and the integration of body, mind and spirit. ChiWalking takes the benefits of walking beyond cardiovascular, aerobic and mental health, by addressing the needs of your whole person; joints and muscles, body and soul.Learn More
Take Your First Steps
With our 8-week program, you’ll be walking a 5K in no time
Get started with the ChiWalking 8-week program. You’ll get step-by-step instructions for each workout, a DVD with clear images and a workbook that inspires and supports your progress. At the end of 8 weeks you’ll be walking a 5k (3.1 miles) and have the skills to keep you healthy for a lifetime.Learn More
The ChiWalking Book, DVD & Workbook
- The ChiWalking book provides the whole story of how and why the combination of T’ai Chi and walking is so powerful.
- The DVD gives you the visuals to see ChiWalking in action!
- The Workbook offers weekly workouts and when and how long to practice each Lesson. Just 8 weeks to walking a 5K.