Become a Certified ChiRunning & ChiWalking Instructor
The Journey Starts Here
Becoming a Certified ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Instructor is one of the most gratifying endeavors you can undertake. The ability to bring people joy through movement and to help them accomplish goals they never thought possible is life altering – for both you and your student.
Hear directly from our Certified Instructors on what it’s like teaching in the video below!
- Through our semi-annual ChiRunning ChiWalking Instructor Training (CRCWIT) Program that features intimate, small group instruction (currently on and offline)
- Through private instruction with a Certifying Master Instructor of your choice.
Both options offer the quality certification program for which we are known. Here are just a few things that you will experience in your journey to become a Certified ChiRunning/ChiWalking Instructor:
- Greater joy, deeper knowledge and substantial improvement in your own personal practice,
- The ability to build a business based around your lifestyle that teaches lifelong, sustainable fitness to others, and
- The opportunity to become a part of a growing community of like-minded individuals centered on helping others become happy, healthy runners and walkers.
The ChiRunning & ChiWalking Instructor Training (CRCWIT) program is…
A Five-Month Online/Offline Fusion Education Program that thoroughly equips you to teach the principles of ChiRunning and ChiWalking in private or group sessions.
It’s the perfect intensive training course for fitness professionals, career changers and athletes looking to deepen their knowledge.
- Best practices for demonstrating lessons (so you can create “a-ha” moments for your clients).
- Lesson scripts so you’re never at a loss for what to say when teaching in a workshop or a private lesson.
- How to confidently teach students of all levels and abilities and help almost anyone improve their running.
- Improve your own ChiRunning and ChiWalking technique so you can continue to run injury free for life.
MUST READ INFORMATION
You will receive all of the tools you need to succeed including the complete set of ChiBooks, ChiVideos, training manuals, and business development materials -- just to name a few things. Once certified, new instructors receive 6 months of Partner Tier 1 benefits.
So, if helping others or deepening your own knowledge appeals to you, we invite you to click on one of the two links below:
Click here to reserve a spot in our upcoming Fall 2021 Training (August).
Click here if you are interested in working privately with a Certifying Master Instructor.
MUST READ INFORMATION
Requisites For Becoming a Certified Instructor
Instructor Certification Requirements:
To become a ChiRunning® and ChiWalking® Certified Instructor Candidate you should be experienced in the ChiRunning and ChiWalking techniques. It is highly recommended that candidates attend a workshop, or work privately with a Certified Instructor, before enrollment in the program.
Before starting your Instructor Training, it is recommended you:
- Attend a ChiRunning workshop, or work with a Certified Instructor within one year of attending the CRCWIT
- Submit Payment, Candidate Application, and a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
During your Instructor Training, you must:
- Attend 80% of the online classes
- Score 90% or higher on 3 Online Quizzes and a final exam.
- Complete 10 hours of pro-bono ChiRunning and 4 hours of pro-bono ChiWalking practice teaching.
- Submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Submit proof of basic CPR certification
Attend a 6 Hour 1 on 1 training with a Master Instructor of your choosing. It will include:
- Complete review of lessons and ChiWalking & ChiRunning Technique.
- Your Master Instructor will video you teaching two random lessons and your ChiRunning & ChiWalking technique (with analysis).
To maintain Certification, all Instructors must keep current Professional Liability Insurance, be current with licensing fee payment, have a current contract / NDA on file with corporate, and complete a biennial Recertification process.
Instructors have the option to choose an Instructor Tier that meets their business plan. (Learn more about Instructor Tiers and benefits)
Biennial Recertification includes assisting a Master or Senior Instructor at a workshop for evaluation of teaching and personal form. This ensures that each Instructor is up to date with current teaching methods and materials, and is maintaining good personal form.
Fee for the Instructor Trainings is $1500.00 for Group Trainings and $1700.00 for Individual Trainings. Financing options are available.
30 days before final registration date: full refund, less $250 cancellation fee. If you are working directly with a Master Instructor your fee is non-refundable.
Individual Instructor Trainings
Individual Instructor Trainings: If there is not a Group Training that you can attend, you can reach out to any of the Master Instructors below for an Individual or small group Training. Please confirm that one of these Master Instructors can work with you before paying for the course by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Requisites for becoming a Certified Instructor still apply so please read all of the information in the tabs above.
Master Instructors for Individual Certification Trainings
- Alice Diffely, Portland, Oregon
- Amy Peacock, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Amelia Vrabel, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Angela James, Vancouver, Canada
- Bernhard Schittich, Freiburg, Germany
- Beth Cline, Seattle, Washington
- Cheryl Lloyd, Reno, Nevada
- Constanza Lisdeo, Basel, Switzerland
- Danny Dreyer, Asheville, North Carolina
- Dick Felton, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
- Ed Malley, Aptos, California
- Gary Brackett, Italy (English/Italian Speaking)
- Hazel Wood, San Anselmo, California
- Hyongok Kent, Quebec, Canada
- Jeff Carnivale, Dallas, Texas
- Jeff Howard, South and Central Texas
- Joel Matalon, New York, New Jersey
- Josef Sverma, The Czech Republic
- Kari Wilkinson, Haw Creek, North Carolina
- Katherine Dreyer, Asheville, North Carolina
- Ken Presutti, Jefferson, Pennsylvania
- Lisa Holloway, Temecula, California
- Lisa Pozzoni, Phoenix, Arizona
- Lloyd Henry, Washington, DC
- Loreen Ozolins, New Zealand & Australia
- Michal Artzi, Tel aviv, Israel
- Sarah Richardson, Berlin, Vermont
- Vince Vaccaro, East Coast (NYC – NH)
- Willem Mücher, Limberg, Germany