Highland Lake Inn Granola Bars
This granola bar recipe is great for parties, for gifts and for snacks. Enjoy this healthy alternative anytime you need a gently pick-me-up!
Recipe credit: Highland Lake Inn, Flat Rock, NC
|Organic rolled oats||2 Cups|
|Pumpkin seeds||1/2 Cup|
|Whole almonds||1 Cup|
|Organic honey (opt)||1/2 Cup|
|Brown sugar (opt)||1/4 Cup|
|Butter or butter substitute||2 Tbs|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1/2 tsp|
|Dried Fruit (golden raisins and dried cherries are great)||2 Cups|
- Preheat Oven to 350º
- Spray a 8x8 baking pan with non stick spray or coat with butter.
- On a sheet pan mix oats, pumpkin seeds and almonds together and toast for 15 minutes.
- In a large sauce pot melt together honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until all brown sugar has dissolved.
- Remove mixture from stove top and add the oat mixture and dried fruit.
- Stir until everything is coated in honey mixture.
- Pour out into the baking pan and press down to fill pan and make even.
- Reduce the oven to 300º
- Bake the granola for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let cool completely.
Slice into squares and enjoy!
Will keep up to 1 week in air tight container.