Curried Chicken Salad
With over 11 different herbs and spices, curry blends together good taste and good health. Tumeric, one of the main spices in curry powder, has been found to be an excellent antibiotic while strengthening digestion and improving intestinal flora. Curry powder can also improve memory and help fight skin cancer. Enjoy this healthful meal!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
|Curry powder||3 tsp.|
|Ground cumin||3 tsp.|
|Powdered ginger||2 tsp.|
|Cayenne pepper||1 tsp.|
|Chicken||1#, bite-sized pieces|
|Olive Oil||2 Tbs|
|Red bell pepper||1/2 Cup, chopped|
|Celery||1/2 Cup, chopped|
|Dried currants||1/2 Cup|
|Reduced fat mayo||1/3 Cup|
- Combine first 7 ingredients in gallon-size ziplock bag.
- Rinse, pat dry chicken, then add to ziplock.
- Shake so that chicken is completely coated.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes before turning over for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken from heat and let cool to room temperature in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill the mixture and serve over a bed of lettuce, bread, or crackers.