• <
  • Page 1 of 63
  • >

Create a Family Fun Day Around Your Running or Walking

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Wed Aug 3rd, 2016, 0 comments

Create a Family Fun Day Around Your Running or Walking

I don't know about you, but I love my running and walking times. But, sometimes it seems that I have to make a choice between hanging out with my family and giving myself the time to get a nice workout in my day. It's a choice I don't like making because either way I always feel a tinge of guilt or letdown around leaving some part of my life un-nurtured.

This dilemma doesn't just hold true for me. A lot of families are so busy nowadays that not only do the parents feel pulled in a thousand directions, but the kids do too. It seems in the past that families at least had dinner time together. But according to a recent survey done by the Food Marketing Institute, only 40% of American families eat dinner together, and then, not more than two or three times a week. Compare that to just a generation ago when close to 80% of families ate evening meals together regularly.

Read More >

Can 1-Minute Intervals Improve Your Health?

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Wed Aug 3rd, 2016, 6 comments

Can 1-Minute Intervals Improve Your Health?

Quite often, the question we are asked is: How can I fit in a good training run in my busy schedule? Runners may be happy to learn that a new study suggests that you might not need that long of a run afterall. In fact, running a brief set of solid 60 second intervals can do as much to improve your conditioning as three quarters of an hour worth of moderate exercise.

Read More >

This Is Your Brain on Running

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Tue Jul 19th, 2016, 2 comments

This Is Your Brain on Running

Ready, set, go!

Did you know that your brain benefits from your run before you even begin running? Yep. While the physical benefits of running are often talked about, the mental benefits are just as impressive. At ChiRunning, we often discuss the integration of running with your mind, body and spirit. Today, we’ll be looking at the “mind” in running, and what your brain experiences during each and every step.

Read More >

Run Faster Today with 4 Easy Steps

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Tue Jul 12th, 2016, 3 comments

Run Faster Today with 4 Easy Steps

I can't tell you how many people come to ChiRunning workshops and tell me that all they want to do is get a little faster. This isn't just your average college hot shot. These are 45, 55 and even 65-year-old recreational runners. Most of them feel that no matter what they do, they don't seem to ever get any faster.

I was thinking about this when I was out on my run this morning and I came up with four things you can do to start getting faster today.

Read More >

July 2016 Instructor of the Month: Angela James

Posted by Super Admin on Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 6 comments

July 2016 Instructor of the Month: Angela James

ANGELA JAMES, MASTER INSTRUCTOR: VANCOUVER/WESTERN CANADA

“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are”   Ancient Chinese Proverb

A native of England, with a background in Nursing and Midwifery from St Mary’s Hospital, London, Angela immigrated to Canada in 1983. She owned and operated a furniture business, importing Antiques from the UK which she ran successfully for over 20 years. Her custom-built commissioned pieces have become collectible in the city of Vancouver.

Sports have always played a big part in Angela’s life, including tennis squash, cycling, swimming and or course long distance running and walking. In 1996 Angela expanded her fitness program to include marathon running. She has since completed twenty marathons including Boston in 2004. Angela is a traveler and loves nothing better than meeting people in all walks of live from around the globe.In 2003 she found a way to combine her love of traveling and running and her care-giving nature by joining Team In Training, a fund-raising program that raises research money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by running marathons around the world.

Read more about Angela below and visit her website to see her workshop schedule.

Read More >

Expensive Running Shoes are Not Better, Study Shows

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Wed Jun 1st, 2016, 5 comments

Expensive Running Shoes are Not Better, Study Shows

The topic of shoes is always a hot topic and I just read about a study that adds even more fuel to the fire. Here's a very interesting study done by the good folks at http://www.runrepeat.com The t.itle itself is even guaranteed to raise a few eyebrows: Expensive Running Shoes Are Not Better Than More Affordable Running Shoes (Study).

Read More >

10 Yoga Poses to Make You a Better Runner

Posted by Katherine Dreyer on Tue May 24th, 2016, 5 comments

Yoga takes stress head-on with a whole-body workout that relaxes the body and mind. But did you know that doing yoga postures also packs perks for runners?

Read More >

Country of the Month: Netherlands and Belgium

Posted by Katherine Dreyer on Tue May 24th, 2016, 2 comments

Country of the Month: Netherlands and Belgium

ChiRunning and ChiWalking are expanding and growing all over the world.  Two of the first countries to truly adopt the ChiTechniques were Netherlands and Belgium.  This is due in part to the efforts Marion Meesters and Ans Oudejaans, who are our Regional Directors of these countries.  And, we believe the early success is also due to the open minded, inquisitive nature of the Dutch and Belgian people.

Read More >

10 Things to Do Before and After Your Runs to Shorten Recovery Time

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Tue May 17th, 2016, 10 comments

10 Things to Do Before and After Your Runs to Shorten Recovery Time

How many times have you gone out for a run and felt like your legs were made of concrete, or worse? Well, let me clue you in on a little secret. They might not feel so bad from something you did as from something that you didn't do. Many people don't realize that it's important to treat your legs well during the time between runs in order to optimize the enjoyment of your workouts.

Read More >

Get energized and enjoy a great race day with the proven Chi way

Posted by Danny Dreyer on Thu May 5th, 2016, 1 comments

Get energized and enjoy a great race day with the proven Chi way

At ChiRunning, we follow a simple mantra: focus your mind, strengthen your core, run like the wind.  This is more than just a way to run our best; it is a way of life.  And, it should be the entire focus of race day logistics.

Read More >
  • <
  • Page 1 of 63
  • >
A Chi Running Love Letter image

A Chi Running Love Letter

Thanks. I've had phenomenal results so far with using ideas from Born To Run...and then from Chi Running. I should have read Chi Running first.

Read This Story >